New York Bakery Company are currently giving aspiring cooks and food writers a great opportunity to have their bagel recipes published in a recipe book.
If you think you have a bagel recipe that will tickle the nations taste buds and get more eating bagels? Well all you need to do is upload your bagel recipe via the New York Bakery Co's facebook app
and click on "Start Spreading" to enter, it could be a new recipe or a family favourite. What ever your bagel creation you have until Sunday May 5th 2013 to upload your recipe. Members of the public can vote for their favourite recipe's and the 20 most 'liked ' recipe choices will be announced in the middle of May. You can also vote for your favourite recipe via the app.
The 20 most popular will then be featured in a online recipe book at the end of the campaign. The recipe book will be free to download from www.newyorkbakery.co.uk Plus on top of that contributors to the recipe book will receive 1p every time the recipe book is downloaded.
If that wasn't enough New York Bakery Co is offering the chance to win one of 5 trips to New York, the home of the Bagel and 5000 bagel protectors. All that from sharing your Bagel recipes, so what are you waiting for......
Here are some recipe ideas to get you taste buds ready and your ideas flowing:
- Toast a Wholemeal or Plain bagel and top with creamy scrambled egg, cracked black pepper and crispy NY style bacon
- OR toast a Fruit & Oat bagel and top with sliced banana and a drizzle of sweet honey
- A true classic: top your Sesame bagel with smoked salmon, smooth cream cheese and sprinklings of dill and watercress
- Fill your Red Onion & Chive bagel full of meaty pastrami, crunchy gherkins, fiery Dijon mustard
- Healthy Wholemeal bagel bursting with mouth-watering avocado, crispy bacon, lettuce & juicy tomato
- Create a yummy pizza bagel by melting mozzarella on a Sesame or Plain bagel and topping with juicy cherry tomatoes, freshly cracked black pepper and a sprinkling of basil
- Spread butter on a toasted sweet Cinnamon & Raisin or Blueberry bagel
Tea Time Feast- Devour a Plain bagel with spicy chorizo, sundried tomato and peppery rocket
(Recipe suggestions from New York Bakery Company press release)
New York Bagel Co bagels are available from all leading supermarkets and retail from £1.55 a pack